Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Greenway

It didn't seem too odd at first;
A usual weekend evening moving long
at a decent clip.
The granola women were out with
the dogs that were too big for them.
The Earth did a special thing spawning those
oddly sexy beings.
After the downhill and through the crowd,
the field narrowed to the path.
Three minutes and one U-turn later
I come up on the bird of prey herself.
And, although I was out late and she was
up earlier, we were as similar as can be; hunting.
Alas, Old Lady Wisdom seemed thoroughly
uninterested in what I had to offer retreating
to higher pine pirch.
I moved along: through the picture frame
of the tree line finding myself face to face
with the reflection of a park bench that I had
never truly seen before. And then
it made sense,
A smile, a thought, and a mile and a half to go.

1 comment:

  1. Nice man. I like the photo. I really miss N. Florida storms like this..

    ReplyDelete